Ascender is growing! We are a leading payroll outsourcing provider in the APAC Region and we are looking for talented team members. We are seeking for experienced and dynamic Payroll Officers to join our outsourced team, working on our leading payroll products. We have several full time positions available based in Mascot, Sydney.
Our outsourced environment provides opportunities to deliver payroll services to clients with a team-based approach, offering diversity, learning opportunities and long term career options that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer looking to broaden their skillset and capabilities.
- Provide accurate and timely payroll services including:
- end-to-end payroll processing
- end of month payroll balancing & reporting
- end of year payroll balancing and Single Touch Payroll reconciliation and lodgement.
- Maintain personnel data and customer support databases to ensure systems reflect current information eg terminations, adjustments and classifications changes.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, log requests and assist with customer queries.
- Attend team meetings and provide feedback and input on operational issues.
- Provide assistance to other Payroll Officers and Payroll teams.
Skills & Experience required:
- 3+ years' end-to-end payroll processing experience in high volume environment (processing 100 pays weekly and 500-1000 pays monthly).
- Experience with Preceda a strong advantage but not mandatory – system training will be provided.
- Track record of successful delivery of timely. accurate Payroll services.
- Experience with complex payroll calculations eg terminations/redundancies
- Strong knowledge and up to date awareness of payroll legislation regarding awards etc. Exposure to expats, high-end earners and director packages an advantage.
- Excellent customer service – previous experience working in outsourcing environment highly regarded but not required.
- Strong analytical skills and intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work on-site in Mascot, Sydney (Monday-Fridays)
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists)
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.