Ascender is a leading payroll outsourcing provider in APAC, and we have a new Payroll Officer opportunity in our Melbourne (Southbank) office.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Payroll Officer to join our outsourced teams, working on one of our leading payroll products.
Our outsourced environment provides opportunities to deliver payroll services with a team-based approach, offering diversity, learning opportunities and long-term career paths that can't be found in in-house payroll roles.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer looking to broaden their exposure and skillset.
- Provide accurate and timely payroll services including end-to-end volume payroll processing, end of month payroll balancing & reporting, end of year payroll balancing & reporting including Single Touch Payroll reconciliation and
- Complete customer requests such as terminations, adjustments and classifications changes.
- Monitor and respond to customer enquiries, via phone and email
- Maintain personnel data and customer support databases to ensure systems reflect current information.
- Attend team meetings and provide feedback and input on operational issues.
- Provide assistance to other Payroll Officers and Payroll teams.
Skills & Experience
- 3 years' + end-to-end payroll processing experience in high volume environment.
- Strong understanding of legislation, taxation and superannuation as they relate to payroll processing activities.
- Experience with enterprise payroll systems. Ascender Pay experience preferred but system training will be provided.
- Track record of successful delivery of timely and accurate Payroll services.
- Excellent customer service – previous experience working in an outsourcing environment highly regarded but not essential.
- Ability to multitask successfully.
- Problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and a strong team contributor.
- Strong analytical skills and intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists).
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals.
- Great office locations and a vibrant team culture where people come first.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region.
For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.