Ascender is growing! We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Payroll Officer to join our outsourced team, working on our leading payroll products.
Permanent opportunity in great Southbank, Melbourne location. Under Covid19 government-imposed restrictions in Victoria, we provide work-from-home solutions with additional support during the onboarding and training period.
Our outsourced environment provides opportunities to deliver payroll services to clients with a team-based approach, offering diversity, learning opportunities and long term career options that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced payroll officer looking to broaden their skillset and capabilities.
- Provide accurate and timely payroll services including:
- end-to-end payroll processing
- end of month payroll balancing & reporting
- end of year payroll balancing and Single Touch Payroll reconciliation and lodgement.
- Maintain personnel data and customer support databases to ensure systems reflect current information eg terminations, adjustments and classifications changes.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, log requests and assist with customer queries.
- Attend team meetings and provide feedback and input on operational issues.
- Provide assistance to other Payroll Officers and Payroll teams.
Skills & Experience required:
- 3+ years' end-to-end payroll processing experience in high volume environment (processing 100 pays weekly and 500-1000 pays monthly).
- Experience with Preceda is a strong advantage but not mandatory – system training will be provided.
- Track record of successful delivery of timely and accurate Payroll services.
- Experience with complex payroll calculations eg terminations/redundancies
- Strong knowledge and up to date awareness of payroll legislation regarding awards etc. Exposure to expats, high-end earners and director packages an advantage.
- Excellent customer service – previous experience working in an outsourcing environment highly regarded but not required.
- Strong analytical skills and intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists)
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.