We are seeking an experienced, professional Payroll Officer to join our outsourced team, working on one of our leading payroll products. This particular role services one of our key blue-chip clients and offers the opportunity to manage the client relationship, dealing directly with the client on complex payroll requirements.
Our office is currently based in Malvern (close to public transport), relocating to City Road, Southbank from end May 2020.
Our outsourced environment provides a team-based approach and offers diversity, learning opportunities and long term career options that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced payroll officer looking to utilise their payroll knowledge and excellent client relationship skills in a key role.
- Provide accurate and timely payroll services including:
- end-to-end payroll processing
- end of month payroll balancing & reporting
- end of year payroll balancing and Single Touch Payroll reconciliation and lodgement.
- Maintain personnel data and customer support databases to ensure systems reflect current information eg terminations, adjustments and classifications changes.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, log requests and assist with customer queries.
- Attend team meetings and provide feedback and input on operational issues.
- Provide assistance to other Payroll Officers and Payroll teams.
Skills & Experience
- 4-5 years’ end-to-end payroll processing experience, with some experience in a high volume environment.
- Experience with AscenderPay is a strong advantage but not mandatory – system training will be provided.
- Track record of successful delivery of timely and accurate Payroll services.
- Excellent customer service – previous experience working in an outsourcing environment highly regarded but not required.
- Strong analytical skills and intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists)
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don’t just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking ‘Apply’ button.