We are opening a Customer Support / Payroll Admin Internship position (6 months full time, with potential to extend), to commence in February/March 2020. This is a fantastic opportunity for recently graduated payroll, accounting or software application students who are looking to build customer support and/or payroll administration skills.
You will learn to support payroll and payroll system queries and provide customer solutions, acting as the first point of contact for our payroll customers. As part of the Payroll Customer Service team supporting multiple clients, you will learn to use a ticketing system and meet related KPIs. As part of the internship, you will receive mentoring, systems training and on-the-job training to build Customer Support and Payroll Administration capabilities.
The team works in shifts that vary to cover client needs; you will need have flexibility to cover any of the following shifts: 8.30am-4.30pm, 9.00am-5.00pm or 10.30am-6.30pm.
We are looking for:
- Experience in a customer service position (in-bound call centre/helpdesk exposure an advantage) & excellent customer service skills.
- Completed or nearly completed Cert IV or Diploma in Accounts/Accounting/Payroll or Software Applications is preferred (we do not require a Bachelor degree qualification, although this will also be considered).
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook, with a flair for numbers.
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Strong attention to detail and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
- A positive, can do attitude.
What we offer:
Opportunity to extend contract or move into a permanent full-time role for an outstanding Intern. The Intern annual salary will be $45K plus super. There are many and varied possibilities for employees at Ascender, so this is an opportunity not to be missed. Great office location (currently in Malvern, close to public transport but moving to Southbank at end May).
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don’t just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 language to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
Please apply using the ‘Apply’ button, attaching your CV.