Payroll Centre Lead - Asia
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
We have a rare opportunity in our KL Office for a Payroll Centre Lead – Asia. In this role you will manage a large team split across KL and Manila and have overall responsibility for delivering outsourced payroll services to significant multinational clients, covering payrolls for multiple APAC countries.
You will support implementation of new clients (operational readiness), and represent the Ascender offshore capability for potential clients based in other locations. Your strong leadership, payroll and compliance skills will be critical to take this team forward to new levels of service delivery and engagement.
This role reports to the Head of Managed Services for one of Ascender's Business Units and is a senior member of the BU leadership team.
- Leadership of the Operations team with a strong focus on best practice operational procedures, payroll delivery and client satisfaction.
- Governance and control, ensuring payroll delivery adheres to compliance standards eg SOC1 and ISO.
- Resource management and planning, with a focus on operational efficiency.
- Attract and retain team members by supporting, developing and engaging the team effectively.
- Client and key stakeholder relationship management, building strong client relationships with a focus on SLA delivery; manage issues and escalations.
- Drive and scale improvements in payroll systems, policies, and processes including standardisation across clients
- Provide support to the Implementation team and prepare Operations for successful go-lives.
- Sales support e.g. quotes, proposals and presentations as needed – you will represent Ascender's offshore capability.
- At least 5 years' experience managing outsourced payroll service teams and processes, including managing cross-site and offshore initiatives with accountability for end-to-end process quality and delivery.
- Resource management experience, able to plan, organize and schedule work in a short time frame and respond to complex issues within strict timelines.
- Excellent knowledge of payroll and HR laws and regulations in multiple countries and currencies across APAC.
- MS Office skills, particularly Excel, Powerpoint and exposure to Salesforce is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer service focus and ability to present to senior level clients.
- Strong people focus, with ability to engage, lead and develop your team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience investigating and resolving variances and potential disputes between Ascender and our clients.
- Ability to manage change across different programs and project initiatives.
- Tertiary qualification preferred: Accounting, Business Management or related.
- AscenderPay knowledge an advantage but systems training will be provided.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary package and benefits.
- COVID-safe work practices, with remote work when required by MCO.
- Growing multinational organisation with career development opportunities.
- Close-knit collaborative team with diverse client base.
- Opportunity to create best practice and be a senior leader in the Malaysian structure.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!