Payroll Application & Training Consultant
Ascender is a leading APAC Payroll & HCM software and outsourcing provider.
We now have a rare opportunity for a Preceda Payroll Application & Training Consultant in our Professional Services team.
Reporting directly to the Consulting Team Leader, in this role you will be responsible for delivering assigned Preceda implementation projects and system training.
Utilise the Preceda Implementation Methodology to manage customer and Preceda resources to meet established implementation milestones and targeted completion dates.
Deliver, plan, implement and evaluate customer training programs, so as to ensure customers acquire the correct Preceda skills to enable them to use and maximise the value from our products.
This full time, permanent role can be based in our offices in Southbank – Melbourne or Mascot – Sydney.
- Provide application and business analyst consulting services.
- Identify solutions through understanding client requirements and researching the options available in our products.
- Develop functional specifications for clients.
- Implement Preceda at client sites.
- Assist clients with software faults/bugs, and handle client issues.
- Provide Pre-sales support eg Product demonstrations.
- Conduct project workshops and project manage assigned implementations, using Preceda project implementation methodology.
- Ensure clients are aware of Professional Services charges for all tasks, by forwarding project documentation/guidelines to the client.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Preceda implementation methodologies and associated documentation.
- Deliver accredited Preceda training sessions at all release levels (as required) in a professional manner, following the documented session notes.
- Complete all administrative tasks both in preparation and in completion of training sessions.
- Develop/update training documentation as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in the payroll/HR/IT industry, or a relevant system training role within these industries.
- Knowledge of business practices and standard policies and procedures as they relate to the product in the areas of HR, Payroll and Time & Attendance.
- Understanding of customer service philosophies.
- Business acumen.
- Demonstrated Consulting skills.
- Proficient with personal computer tools, preferably Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Project.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel to client sites from time to time.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to interact with diverse clients, using your passion for training to pass on your payroll and system knowledge and create a great client experience.
- Close-knit team within a growing organisation.
- Flexible work options with great office locations.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application with your CV and cover letter attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.