Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Oracle Developer is accountable for the successful Support, Design, Development, Testing and documentation of assigned projects.
- Production of design documentation, development, testing and documentation within projects or sub projects.
- Identification of customer requirements.
- Liaising with customers, users, IT departments and managers.
- Planning and undertaking the testing of programs prior to delivery to QA.
- Providing systems analysis and design.
- Providing support for live systems (where required by the customer to include out of hours support).
- Providing technical advice to junior staff.
Experience & Applications:
- Technically proficient in Oracle Forms, PLSQL, Oracle Reports
- Demonstrable experience of APEX
- Experience of BI Publisher development is attractive
- Experience in Weblogic or Database server management is attractive
- Degree or proven experience in programming.
- Experience of agile and iterative methodologies
- The ability to write reports for clients and to make effective presentations to clients and Ascender personnel
- Ability to provide technical design skills
- Capability to keep up with latest trends and to be able to objectively recommend
- Ability to write solution designs, functional documentation and unit test plans.
- Ability to maintain code and files via version control software (e.g. Subversion, GitHub)?
Ascender will provide a unique environment that balances different things in a workplace.
- Security of 20+ year old company with the mandate to refresh the existing platforms with new technologies i.e. you get to learn and grow your technology skill set.
- Existing tools and processes and also opportunities to experiment with new approaches to software development and getting stuff done.
- Experienced developers for mentorship but also a culture that embraces new ideas.