Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Oracle Developer is accountable for the successful Support, Design, Development, Testing and documentation of assigned projects.
- Production of design documentation, development, testing and documentation within projects or sub projects.
- Identification of customer requirements.
- Liaising with customers, users, IT departments and managers.
- Planning and undertaking the testing of programs prior to delivery to QA.
- Providing systems analysis and design.
- Providing support for live systems (where required by the customer to include out of hours support).
- Providing technical advice to junior staff.
Experience & Applications:
- Technically proficient in Oracle Forms, PLSQL, Oracle Reports
- Demonstrable experience of APEX
- Experience of BI Publisher development is attractive
- Experience in Weblogic or Database server management is attractive
- Degree or proven experience in programming.
- Experience of agile and iterative methodologies
- The ability to write reports for clients and to make effective presentations to clients and Ascender personnel
- Ability to provide technical design skills
- Capability to keep up with latest trends and to be able to objectively recommend
- Ability to write solution designs, functional documentation and unit test plans.
- Ability to maintain code and files via version control software (e.g. Subversion, GitHub)?
What We Offer
- Security of 20+ year old company with the mandate to refresh the existing platforms with new technologies i.e. you get to learn and grow your technology skill set.
- Existing tools and processes and also opportunities to experiment with new approaches to software development and getting stuff done.
- Experienced developers for mentorship but also a culture that embraces new ideas.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!