Oracle Database Administrator
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
In this role you will report to the Head of Product for a key Ascender payroll application built on the Oracle technology stack. You will be responsible for the successful support, maintenance and build of our cloud hosted client environments. Success in this role will require technical expertise, excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, and a strong client focus. Flexible work hours are required to enable a successful outcome, including out of normal hours and weekend work. We can offer a rewarding environment where you can grow your skills using lots of toolsets such as RMAN, Oracle Cloud Control, Enterprise Edition databases, WebLogic and BI Publisher
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of and support for the technical environment underpinning the company's Hosted Oracle Application Suite in the APAC region.
- Provide escalated and specialized application and technical support for the company's software solutions
- Conduct all database related activities including installation, configuration, patching, upgrading, migrating, securing, tuning, performance monitoring, backup and capacity planning for all Hosted systems.
- Provide expertise in Oracle Weblogic 12C including patching, support, tuning, upgrading, securing, performance monitoring.
- Manage installations, upgrades and maintenance of the company's payroll solution, including data migrations, patching, builds, support, troubleshooting.
- Work with the development and customer support teams to ensure timely resolution.
- Assist with needs assessment, requirements gathering, project scope definition, deliverables, costs and acceptance criteria for assigned projects.
- Provide technical consulting services to customers to deliver successful business outcomes.
- Perform pre-sales and post-sales technical activities.?
- Prioritize and schedule work activities to ensure project targets are achieved; communicate risks and outcomes to all internal company stakeholders.
- Technical Expertise in Oracle technologies including Oracle WebLogic 12c, Oracle Database 12c and 19c.
- Expertise in Linux and Window scripting
- Expertise in Database tuning and administration
- Understanding of AWS hosting technology
- Demonstrable experience building new application and database environments.
- Experience using backups or exports to create new environments.
- Significant experience with relational databases within a corporate environment (Oracle)
- Strong experience in a Professional Services and/or an IT/Application Support role
- Oracle certification is preferred but not a requirement
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle relational?database?management systems, Oracle Weblogic 12c, Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office, Microsoft IIS and Powershell scripting/automation
- Analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a small technical team
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage, prioritise and execute multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
What do we offer
- Free parking
- Challenging work with a supportive team
- Flexible work options
- Work on the full Oracle tech stack opportunity
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!