Oracle Database Administrator
We are recruiting for a permanent, full time role for an Oracle Database Administrator for Asia Pacific’s Number 1 payroll provider.
In this role you will report directly to the Head of Product for a key Ascender division and you will be responsible for supporting Ascender’s hosted Oracle Application Suite for the APAC region and leading related projects from a technical perspective.
Success in this role will require technical expertise, excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, and a strong client focus. Flexible work hours are required to support our customers who operate across the APAC timezones.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of and support for the technical environment underpinning the company’s Hosted Oracle Application Suite in the APAC region. This includes Windows Server operating systems, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, IIS, VMWare and other supporting software.
- Provide escalated and specialized application and technical support for the company’s software solutions.
- Conduct all database related activities including installation, configuration, patching, upgrading, migrating, securing, tuning, performance monitoring, backup and capacity planning for all Hosted systems.
- Provide expertise in Oracle Weblogic 12C including patching, support, tuning, upgrading, securing, performance monitoring.
- Manage installations, upgrades and maintenance of the company’s payroll solution, including data migrations, patching, builds, support, troubleshooting.
- Work with the development and customer support teams to ensure timely resolution.
- Assist with needs assessment, requirements gathering, project scope definition, deliverables, costs and acceptance criteria for assigned projects.
- Provide technical consulting services to customers to deliver successful business outcomes.
- Perform pre-sales and post-sales technical activities.
- Prioritize and schedule work activities to ensure project targets are achieved; communicate risks and outcomes to all internal company stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases within a corporate environment (Oracle)
- 5+ years of experience in a Professional Services and/or an IT/Application Support role
- Oracle certification is preferred but not a requirement
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle relational database management systems, Oracle Weblogic 12c, Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office, Microsoft IIS and Powershell scripting/automation
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a small technical team
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage, prioritise and execute multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work during dayshift schedule and be on call when necessary
What do we offer?
- Great work location
- Challenging work with a supportive team
- Development opportunities
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don’t just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your application with your CV attached by clicking the "Apply" button.