Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
As the .Net Developer, you will be part of a highly motivated cross-functional team and will design and develop new or modify existing features of legacy software application. You will work with the Product Team to develop data migration and integration processes to legacy systems using identified development tools and technologies.
- Work with system analyst or business users to ensure full understanding of any issues or change requirements and implications to current business processes.
- Produce detailed specifications and write code according to specifications, escalate technical design/specification issues to Technical Lead/Business Analyst, and work within given time frame to complete coding
- Test the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Gain and clearly communicate a thorough understanding of the product from both a functional and technical perspective.
- Follow standards and processes in line with process improvements implemented.
- Work with outsourced local/remote vendor teams on deliverables as needed
Our ideal candidate will have proficiency with .Net technologies: ASP.Net, C#, .Net framework. To succeed in this role, you must have the experience with Web API, Web Servces, ESB integration development. Ideally, you have an understanding of or worked within SOA framework/architecture and has experience with version control. Having exposure in payroll development is highly regarded but not essential. In addition, you will have a genuine desire to take products from good to great. You have strong written and spoken communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels and listen effectively. Finally, joining a highly collaborative team you will thrive in contributing to the overall success of the team.
What We Offer
- You have the security of 20+ year old company with the mandate to refresh the existing platforms with new technologies i.e. you get to learn and grow your technology skill set
- You have existing tools and processes and opportunities to experiment with new approaches to software development and getting stuff done
- You have experienced developers for mentorship but also a culture that embraces new ideas
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!