Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
We're a growing foreign-owned company based in Tokyo, in the HR tech space. Our core business is providing managed payroll services to both foreign and Japanese clients in the mid-tier market, based on our own web-based HR/time/leave/payroll system called Workcloud. Our business has grown and are looking for additional experienced testers to help us expand.
- Entire testing process includes Test Plan/Test Design/Test Execution/Progress Management/Test Summary
- Execute test cases and report on a daily basis
- Keep track and manage issues/tickets
- Request new or improved workflow for work efficiency
- Prioritize test/issues with reasoning behind
- Understand/estimate the impact of an issue
- Not in a waiting status to resolve issues
- Always willing to deep dive and analyze issues
- Observe things from a 3rd person's view
To be successful with this role, you will have at least 2 years of writing and execution manual or automated tests. Experience with any bug tracking engine (e.g.JIRA) and with any QA related roles in an agile development environment. You will have experience with usage or implementation of any testing tools. Ideally, you have the ability to create test cases with specification and actual product. You should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Furthermore, you have passion to be a testing engineer. Also, you should be Self-organized and open mind to learn. Having experience creating documentation with graph and charts is preferable. Certification in and understanding ISTQB is also preferable.
What we offer:
- You have the security of 20+ year old company with the mandate to refresh the existing platforms with new technologies
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Strong collaborative environment within HCM group
- Locally developed product
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!