Our team is looking for a talented, motivated, and high-performing Linux Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for the implementation and support of our IT infrastructure environments across both our Customer (external) and Corporate (internal) IT systems specifically focused on supporting our Linux based workloads.
We are embarking on an exciting period of growth within the IT group and this role will form an integral part of our new IT strategy for the future.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and adept engineer who is eager to break down large, technical problems and solve them systematically with a proven record of accomplishment of successful solutions. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as this role will be required to work with and support other teams across the Ascender business.
This role reports to the Infrastructure and Applications Manager, Corporate IT and is primarily responsible for all IT Infrastructure and Corporate Applications.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Linux based server infrastructure. Provide support for Linux Servers, overseeing activities administering, designing, and implementing Linux server-based solutions. Responsible for incident management as it relates to the Linux server infrastructure. Perform advanced troubleshooting of complex Linux system issues.
- Participate in the incident and change management process, ensuring all incidents/changes meet agreed OLA's.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for major incidents.
- Participate in after-hours infrastructure support roster
- Analyse Linux system performance metrics and provide recommendations on improvements to the Corporate & Customer IT Infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain technical process documentation, policy and reports regarding Linux operating infrastructure solutions.
- Plan patching & upgrade activities and participate in preventative maintenance windows
- Manage and Operate Linux related Infrastructure Tool sets/software.
- Participate in compliance activities supporting SOC1/2 and ISO27001/9001 frameworks
- Provide Infrastructure support to projects where required
- Provide input into Infrastructure technology standards
- Contribute to the continuous improvement activities of infrastructure services, proposing and implementing change.
- Instrumental in IT DR for Customer & Corporate IT apps and infrastructure activities
- Review and implement security recommendations related to Linux based IT infrastructure
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering -OR- relevant industry certifications
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role
- Understanding and experience supporting Linux based server, storage and network technologies
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (VMWare and Citrix)
- Exposure to SOC1/2, ISO27001/9001 frameworks
The following qualifications will be highly regarded:
- Experience with Public Cloud Platforms (AWS & Azure)
- Relevant industry certifications (Red Hat, Oracle, AWS, VMware, CompTIA, Citrix)