IT Security Officer
We have a rare opportunity for an IT Security Lead within our Corporate IT team, based in the Adelaide office. You will report to the Head of Corporate IT and be responsible for all aspects of corporate IT security.
We are embarking on an exciting period of growth within the IT group and this role will form an integral part of our new IT strategy for the future.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and adept IT technical professional who has proven experience managing all IT security aspects of an IT environment, including continuous improvement, risk, compliance, audit, vulnerability and BCP/DR.
The successful candidate will be a strong facilitator, working to bring different teams and business units together to solve logistically challenging security, compliance, risk and audit requirements, and jumping in to assist with solutions hands-on as needed.
- Lead and manage all IT related activities related to external, internal and customer audits, including meeting with external customers and prospects to present Ascender’s security processes and strategy.
- IT Lead in the Information Security incident management process including monitoring, reporting and actioning of Information Security alerts for service interruptions or security breaches, availability, capacity and performance
- Customer RFP, audit and information request responses for all IT security related questions and SME support to projects as required
- Development of and reporting on IT Security KRI / KPI and presentation of IT Security related proposals and business cases to higher management for consideration
- Responsible for reviewing and approving Firewall configuration changes and reviewing rulesets on a regular basis
- Champion all the controls relating to ISO / ISAE / SOC + any other compliance or regulatory framework for Customer IT
- Conduct platform Patch assessment / approval / implementation / reporting as per agreed schedule
- Track and manage all continuous improvement initiatives, covering priority incidents & problems, service availability, service reliability, service resilience & security findings
- At Least 3+ Years in a similar role, with Information Risk Management experience
- Relevant Industry certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA) or education, with related qualifications eg ITIL, Six Sigma, SCRUM, PMP, PRINCE2
- Experience with risk and security standards and best practices such as ISO27001/27002, AS / NZS 4360, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), PCIDSS etc.
- Good understanding of and ideally hands-on experience with security & IT architecture including operating systems, applications, databases, networks, virtualization etc.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate credibly with both technical and other key business stakeholders.
- Understanding of OWASP and related vulnerability principles
- Real-time problem-solving skills, both technical & strategic
- HCM or Payroll industry experience an advantage.
- Sound commercial and vendor management mindset
- Attention to detail and highly adaptable
- Flexible with working hours and travelling
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Passion: You inspire others and care intensely about Ascender’s success.
- Curiosity: You seek to understand yourself and how you can contribute outside of your speciality. You constantly seek feedback so you can improve.
- Authenticity: You communicate in an open, honest and respectful way.
- Selflessness: You look to win as a team and exhibit a relentless pursuit of excellence in all that you do. You put the customer first.
- Courage: You have the courage to challenge the status quo, make tough decisions and embrace change.
- Impact: You are a player on the field focused on results, not a spectator watching the game.
- Transformation: You strive to be innovative and make the complex, simple.
- Integrity: You do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,200 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs. We service these customers through 850+ dedicated Ascender staff based in 8 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your application with your CV attached by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.