Ascender is a leading provider of Payroll and HCM SaaS solutions in AsiaPac. Due to company growth, we have a newly created role for an Integration Lead in our Product Development team which can be based in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth.
We are looking for a technical lead developer to join and lead integration suite design and development of our payroll product, AscenderPay. Enabling smooth integration of AscenderPay with top tier HCM and WFM systems is critical to the ongoing success of the product, and the key focus of this role.
Using your expertise in integration design, you will define integration architecture and patterns. Design and develop our suite of integrations ranging from file-based interfaces to API REST services. Provide best fit architectural solutions and be key in the guidance of the development of the overall product interface and integration strategy.
If you are an experienced Developer specialised in integrations, this role is a fantastic opportunity to take a market-leading product to the next level.
- System and data analysis, architecture and design as required; data integration and workflow design.
- Integration software development, configuration, and customization.
- Ensure Data Integrity and Security standards per compliance requirements.
- Integration team leadership; mentoring, coaching, and educating team on best practices in integration design and development.
- Monitor emerging technologies & plan for growth & long term success of the integration suite.
- Monitor software and platform licensing taxonomies for compliance and readiness.
- Work with the Product Technical Lead for suitability of solutions in-line with Product design
- Prepare approach papers listing technology options, risks, and impacts of various architectural options.
- Define data dependencies within, between, and among various applications and application components.
- Document and maintain architecture diagrams and descriptions.
Experience & Tech Stack:
You may have had a similar role in a related industry but if not, that's ok as we are open minded. You're expertise includes Web services and API technologies (REST, XML/JSON, SOAP, XSLT) and integration programs of work. You have a background in a DevOps and agile delivery operating model, it's a massive bonus if you possess enterprise service bus product (Microsoft BizTalk server, Dell Boomi, WSO2, MULE, Apache Service Mix, Oracle service bus). We'd like you to have working knowledge of messaging technologies, Java related technologies and ideally have worked with tools such as Swagger, Junit, CI/CD, Jenkins, etc.
The successful candidate will:
- Engaging communication style with technical and non-technical people
- Find solutions to all sorts of problems
- Infectious leadership style and open communicator
- It's easy for you to multi-task and have the tools to deliver to deadlines
What we offer:
- Opportunity to design and develop an integration suite that will directly support success of a market-leading enterprise level product
- Strong collaborative environment within product development group
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Locally developed product, with most of the team based in Australia
- Great location and flexible work hours