Head of Payroll Managed Services
Ascender is growing! We are a leading APAC payroll outsourcing provider, and have a rare opportunity for a Head of Payroll Managed Services in the Ascender Public & Enterprise (AP&E) Business Unit. Reporting directly to the General Manager for AP&E, this role is part of the Business unit leadership team and can be based in our offices in Perth (Bentley) or Melbourne (Southbank).
In this role you will be responsible for the overall operational effectiveness of the AP&E Managed Services teams. You will organise and oversee the operations of the Managed Services Delivery Centres in Australia (Perth and Melbourne) and Asia (Kuala Lumpur and Manila), delivering efficient and timely payroll services to clients across APAC.
You will need strong operational payroll management experience, team leadership experience and in depth understanding of resource management and payroll process deliverables in a large scale multi-site enterprise payroll environment. Client focus, ability to build strong client relationships and to identify and implement process changes that improve overall client and commercial outcomes will support your success in this role.
This role would be ideal for an experienced and client focused Senior Payroll Operations Manager looking for an opportunity to shape service delivery and streamline processes in a multinational environment.
- Client Management:
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction and CSAT results.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, ensuring early resolution of issues with minimal escalation, and a continuous focus on client service and delivery.
- Review and improve processes and methodologies for continuous improvement in quality and client outcomes.
- People Management:
- Lead the ongoing development of a professional and high-performing workforce, supporting ongoing training and upskilling.
- Ensure a robust resourcing strategy is in place.
- Manage and support HR initiatives for succession planning and individual development.
- Centre Management:
- Manage the AP&E Operations budget and costs, reporting to the business on performance and delivery and ensuring resource capacity and utilisation are optimised.
- Monitor and ensure that Ascender processes are legally compliant; manage and monitor risk management strategies and support internal and external audit processes.
- Oversee KPI reporting, ensuring that SLA deliverables are met.
- Product Support:
- Provide expert advice and input to Sales and Product teams regarding product functionality and operations costing structures.
- Promote the full range of Ascender product and services to customers and local operations teams.
- Role model and promote the Ascender corporate values of People First, Client Focused and Integrity.
- 8+ years managing and running a large scale, multi-site payroll operations team, preferably within an outsourcing environment.
- Extensive experience in providing strategic leadership, influencing and leading change and integrating and leading teams.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment with both internal and external auditors, driving process standardisation, compliance and good governance.
- Experience with cost and budget management, identifying and controlling for business risks within role scope.
- Experience managing teams within a multinational, multi-cultural environment.
- Experience scoping new business in an outsourced environment; experience presenting to existing and new clients would be a strong advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and qualifications:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification preferred eg Accounting, Business Management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and schedule workflow in a short timeframe, responding to complex issues within strict timelines.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Ability to investigate and resolve disputes in a timely and customer-centric manner.
- Excellent knowledge of payroll laws and regulations; exposure to APAC payroll legislation and processes an advantage.
- Good computer skills, including strong knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to shape and grow the AP&E Managed Services business by driving strong CSAT scores and delivery of high quality payroll services.
- Opportunity to drive process standardisation, streamlining and continuous improvement across multiple centres and locations.
- Long term career pathways within a growing APAC Payroll and HCM SaaS and services provider.
- Great office locations and a vibrant team culture where people come first.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Opportunity to provide input to and shape the ongoing development of a leading enterprise payroll system – Ascender Pay (formerly known as Alesco).
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you are looking for the next step in your payroll career, please apply with your CV attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.