Full Stack Developer (Fresh Grad/Junior)
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation
Reporting to the HCM Engineering Manager – in this hands-on role you will work with an existing team on fixes, enhancements, and ongoing ground-up redevelopment of the Ascender Cloud Services Human Capital Management (HCM) suite.
- You will be collaborating and working closely with an existing and talented team of developers and tester to deliver best in class customer experience.
- You will be responsible for the development of Human Capital Management (HCM) product suite as well as working on other internal projects when required.
- You will be responsible for working with other developers to document new features and products as well as maintenance on HCM Suite.
- Write and execute tests for any new/existing features/components.
- Perform tasks efficiently to ensure project success.
Experience & Skills:
- 1- 2 years of Proven Experience developing full-stack applications across the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience using GIT
- Understanding of OOP Design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with the following may have an advantage for this role: Jira, Azure/AWS
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding communicator. Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solver
- Highly organised and the ability to multi-task
- A motivated team player
- Able to work effectively both in a team or as individual
- Passive in learning new technologies
What we offer:
- Full training will be provided as well as first class development opportunities.
- Strong collaborative environment within HCM group
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Locally developed product, with most of the team based in Australia
- Great location and flexible work hours
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!