Financial Reporting Manager
Ascender is a leading Payroll and HCM SaaS and managed services provider across AsiaPac; Ascender has recently been acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management (HCM) technology.
Due to an internal promotion, there is a rare opportunity for a Financial Reporting Manager within the finance team based in Mascot, Sydney. You will report to the Ascender Group Finance Manager and be responsible for all aspects of corporate financial reporting.
In this role you will have the opportunity to streamline reporting processes and work on integration activities with the Ceridian accounting team. You will also have scope to add value to the reporting function, and shape best practice processes and frameworks.
The ideal candidate for this role would have experience in a similar role (preferably within a US-listed company), with the ability and corporate polish to present and communicate at senior levels.
- Deliver the Annual Australian Consolidated financial statements for the Asia Pacific Ceridian Ascender Group, liaising with auditors and coordinating with the wider finance and business teams for audit completion.
- Deliver USGAAP adjusted quarterly results for the AsiaPac region to Ceridian USA, for reporting to SEC and the stock exchanges.
- Prepare local overseas financial statements for the AsiaPacific region, supervise offshore teams in their delivery of local audited accounts and coordinate and lead relevant audit activities.
- Assist in the development and refinement of internal controls of the business, including the automation of financial statement preparation via an appropriate software tool/platform.
- Assist in the integration of financial reporting and control for existing Ceridian and Ascender businesses in the Asia Pacific region.
- Work with the Ceridian USA accounting team to align accounting policies.
- Pragmatic and solutions focused
- Inquisitive, with good commercial acumen and insight
- Organised and able to manage time effectively
- Empathetic and people-focused
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- CA/CPA qualification, with minimum 3 years' post qualification experience.
- Prior Big Four Accounting Firm experience strongly preferred.
- Considerable Financial reporting experience in a similar role, working with complex consolidation reporting in a multi-country environment.
- Strong understanding of Australian and international accounting standards and reporting requirements.
- Experience working in a US listed company environment ie USGAAP is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Excel skills and familiarity and skill with BI tools eg. Cognos TM1 Enterprise planning software, is required.
- Service or technology industry experience preferred but not required.
What is on offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible work options
- Convenient location close to public transport.
- Vibrant team-based culture that supports improvement and change
- Opportunity to work on integration activities and accounting policy alignment within a global environment; growth agenda across AsiaPac.
- Opportunity to add value and shape best practice
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application with your CV and cover letter attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.