Desktop Support Engineer
Our team is looking for a talented, motivated, and high-performing IT Desktop Support Engineer to join our IT Support team. You will be responsible for local IT support to staff based in Ascenders Singapore office.
We are embarking on an exciting period of growth within the IT group and this role will form an integral part of our new IT strategy for the future.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and adept analyst who is eager to break down large, technical problems and solve them systematically with a proven record of accomplishment of successful solutions. A well rounded and proficient level of technical experience and knowledge of common desktop information technology is necessary. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as this role will be required to work with and support other teams across the Ascender business.
This role reports to the IT Support Lead, Corporate IT and is primarily responsible for all IT Desktop Support at the Singapore office location.
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role
- Windows desktop operating systems
- Office 365 experience
- Working knowledge of Network and Server infrastructure (to be able to assist specialists)
- Desktop applications support experience
- IT Industry Qualifications – Microsoft Operating systems, Office products, ITIL certification desirable
- Working knowledge on OS Patching and PowerShell script would be an advantage
- Ability to speak Mandarin would be a bonus but not necessary
What We Offer
- You have the security of 20+ year old company with the mandate to refresh the existing platforms with new technologies i.e. you get to learn and grow your technology skill set
- You have existing tools and processes and opportunities to experiment with new approaches to software development and getting stuff done
- You have experienced leaders for mentorship but also a culture that embraces new ideas
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!