Client Migration Project Manager
We have a 12 month contract opportunity for a Client Migration Project Manager based in our Perth Office. Reporting to the General Manager for our ANZ Public Enterprise & Services Division, you will have overall responsibility for project managing the successful migration of all hosted clients to a public cloud platform.
In this role you would be directly responsible for client communications and stakeholder management, as well as driving key project deliverables and activities with diverse and geographically dispersed internal Ascender teams.
Delivering this project using best practice processes and governance, on time and with well-managed client relationships and excellent communication with stakeholders throughout the project would be our key measures of success.
- Plan and manage time, project budget and resource allocation to achieve delivery and effectively manage risk during project execution.
- Proactively identify and escalate project risks to relevant stakeholders and assist with mitigation and contingency planning.
- Communicate actively with clients and other stakeholders to create buy-in for desired project outcomes, benefits and timeframe.
- Own and manage client consultation, issue resolution and ongoing communication as required, drawing on internal subject matter experts as needed.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project, driving cross-functional project teams to deliver outcomes per project timeline and according to Ascender project management framework.
- Monitor progress closely and provide hands-on corrective supervision if necessary, collaborating cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Manage governance activities including facilitation and coordination of project meetings and submitting progress reports to key stakeholders as required.
- Resolve or assist in resolution of conflicts regarding resources, priorities and functional areas.
- Negotiate and work with suppliers and sub-contractors as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- At least 3 years' successful IT project management experience, preferably in a client-facing capacity.
- Experience with IT projects across both Software Implementation and/or infrastructure projects would be highly desirable.
- Experience in Agile Scrum & Lean projects.
- Project management qualifications eg PMP/Prince2.
- Awareness of IT security and compliance requirements eg SOC1/SOC2.
- Experience in Business Process Outsourcing, Managed Service delivery or Payroll environments an advantage.
- Technical migration experience desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to communicate effectively at senior management level.
- Hands-on, outcomes focused approach with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Adaptable and resilient, with a customer service focus.
- Able to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Flexible with working hours; some interstate travel may be required if government restrictions permit.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, flexible hours, great office location.
- Opportunity to have an impact and contribute to a key business outcome.
- Ownership of the project overall, together with a unique opportunity to shape client communications and interactions.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 language to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV by clicking 'Apply' below.