Business Development Manager HCM, Asia
Ascender has a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced sales hunter-minded Business Development Manager to join our Growth & Strategy team, covering the Asian market out of our Singapore office.
Reporting to the Head of Marketplace Solutions in Melbourne, this BDM role will generate new business in new name accounts as well as existing Ascender clients within the Asian marketplace.
You will have autonomy and opportunity to develop and grow a large territory by positioning a wide range of proven Ascender Human Capital Management software solutions and services in this growth market, actively generating new accounts and market opportunities.
If you have sold software solutions to HR teams in the past, have an entrepreneurial nature and enjoy the challenge of a broad, varied and fast-paced role within a growing organisation, this opportunity could be the right one for you.
- Achieve your sales quota in a growth market with a proven solution set.
- Identify target markets and develop prospect lists from which to generate sales with new clients, including through cold calling and prospecting.
- Formulate business plans and marketing strategies for your target market.
- Assist with bid preparation to win Human Capital Management projects.
- Grow your sales to drive Ascender's leadership in the Asia market in the provision of Human Capital Management software and consulting services.
- Understand the competitors' offerings, have a clear understanding of the market evolution, and be able to define the key differentiators of our solutions and services
- Create awareness about Ascender solutions and services among potential clients through events, networking, personal investigations
- Maintain sales, prospect and opportunity management information in Ascender's CRM system.
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of Ascender solutions and services.
- Manage your sales budget and client satisfaction levels effectively.
- Respect, represent and act according to Ascender Values
Skills, Qualifications & Experience required
- Minimum 5 years successful sales / business development experience in HR domain or a related sector in the Asia region.
- Fluent with technology, with the ability to learn and build excellent commercial knowledge of software solutions and services and to position these compared to competitor offerings.
- Proven selling (mainly solution selling), influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Degree in a relevant field (HR/Business/IT) preferred.
- Sales Hunter mentality, able to open doors and to close deals.
- A team player, able to work independently while being managed remotely.
- Strong client focus and outstanding capacity to work well with multiple prospects.
- Excellent communication skills, using clear concise language.
- Relationship building at all levels of a client from executive level to junior staff.
- Ability to understand the business value of an opportunity and sell on value.
- Resilient, persistent, reliable and creative.
- Excellent judgement, critical thinking and decision making.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Culturally aware, with high personal integrity.
What we offer:
As a successful Business Development Manager with Ascender you can expect:
- An attractive base salary plus generous commission.
- The opportunity to provide your clients with a leading HCM business solution.
- The support, development and long-term career opportunities of a growing APAC
- Dynamic, team-based environment with a strong focus on our people and our clients.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
Ascender HCM software is a complete suite of modular Human Resource Information Systems, which provides 22 solutions across areas such as recruitment, talent management, learning and development, workforce planning and analytics, to deliver better HCM outcomes for businesses and HR teams. The complete HR suite has been specifically developed by the Ascender team to help businesses unlock their full potential through hiring, managing and growing their workforce.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your application with your resume by clicking the "Apply" button.