Ascender is a leading Payroll and HCM SaaS and managed services provider across APAC; Ascender has recently been acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management (HCM) technology. We have several new opportunities for Business Consultants to join our growing team and be based out of Bentley – Perth, Mascot – Sydney or Southbank – Melbourne.
As a Business Consultant you would utilise your knowledge and experience in Payroll, Human Resources and the Ascender Pay platform to deliver short- and long-term system projects for our valuable clientele.
We support remote onboarding and working from home according to current state or country restrictions, with return to the office location when restrictions are lifted.
- Deliver professional services engagements ranging from small to large projects pertaining to the implementation of Ascender Pay payroll platform capabilities
- Lead small to medium projects such as Ascender Pay version upgrades or discrete medium to large and complex Ascender Pay application implementations
- Lead requirements gathering workshops/exercises and prepare detailed client requirements documentation
- Undertake analysis of client business requirements and prepare functional design specifications detailing proposed solutions
- Complete configuration of the Ascender Pay payroll platform to meet client requirements
- Prepare test plans and conduct testing of the Ascender Pay payroll platform solution
- Train clients in the use of the Ascender Pay payroll platform
Skills & Experience Required:
- 3+ years' previous experience in a similar role, with a track record of successful delivery of timely and accurate client-facing consulting services.
- Sound knowledge of HR/Personnel, Payroll and Leave practices, procedures, operations, and local legislation, with hands-on experience using or configuring payroll and/or HRIS systems.
- Understanding of system integrations and transformation of business rules is desirable
- Experience with Ascender Pay highly regarded; open to other payroll system experience (training will be provided).
- Current passport and ability to travel to client sites as required for project implementations, and according to current COVID19 travel restrictions.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office suite.
- Ability to work autonomously, with a high level of initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent communication skills, with a high level of written and verbal English
What is on offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible work options
- Convenient location close to public transport.
- Vibrant team-based culture that supports improvement and change
- Opportunity to work on integration activities and accounting policy alignment within a global environment, growth agenda across APAC.
- Opportunity to add value and shape best practice
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.