Bid Support Specialist
Ascender is a leading provider of Payroll and HCM software and services across AsiaPac. Due to an internal career move, we have a Bid Support Specialist role available within our Solutions Advisory team.
The Bid Support Specialist supports the Sales and Account Management teams by completing professional, comprehensive and high quality proposals (RFI/RFP) and tender responses for Ascender across the Asia Pacific region. You will manage the bid process and assemble a proposal team as needed with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to win.
You will have the opportunity to introduce and implement all necessary proposal procedures and processes as well as support and develop the proposal team. This is a highly collaborative role working closely with all elements of the business (Operations, Sales, Marketing, Compliance), as well as exposure to senior leadership both internally and externally.
The role requires the ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
This full time, permanent role is based in our Head Office in Mascot, Sydney – a short walk from the train station.
- Deliver compliant, professionally produced tenders/proposals within customer defined timeframes.
- Create and grow the repository of tender responses.
- Coach teams and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposal best practice.
- Coordinate and review / edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from Solutions, Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Legal and Operations.
- Manage and support multiple RFP's simultaneously.
- Support the Solutions, Sales and Account Management teams as required, communicating updates at a senior level where needed.
- Proactively seek solutions, overcome obstacles and keep the process moving forward on bids.
- Document template management in line with company branding.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- Preferably 2+ years' work experience in a bid management, pre-sales, solution architecture or sales support role.
- Experience working with business applications or enterprise solutions (not software development) and/or Business Process Outsourcing is preferred.
- HR/Payroll industry experience is an advantage.
- Degree Educated in relevant field.
- Business solutions / analytical mindset with excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of processes.
- Collaborative team player.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with proposal automation software eg Loopio or similar is preferred.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Flexible work options; great location in Mascot close to public transport.
- Opportunity to take ownership of the Bid management process and become an SME within the close-knit Solutions Advisory team.
- Work across diverse industries, interacting directly with clients as well as senior Ascender management.
- A growing Australian-owned APAC organisation with leading in-house developed Payroll and HCM SaaS solutions.
- Long term career development opportunities.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application with your CV and cover letter attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.