BI Consultant - Crystal Reports
AscenderHCM (a Ceridian company) is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
Part of a small reporting team based out of our offices in Dulwich, Adelaide, the role of Crystal Reports Consultant is responsible for the delivery of a range of reporting services to customers of Ascender's Preceda application.
Preceda is a scalable, proven people management solution designed, developed and supported by Ascender in Australia. It is the people management solution for over 350 "blue chip" medium to large corporate customers including some of the largest employers in Australia.
Preceda encompasses the following functionality.:-
- Human Resource Management modules and tools
- Payroll Processing for Australia, New Zealand and other countries
- Employee & Manager Self Service with workflow & intranet
- Time & Attendance with Award Interpretation & Rostering
- Advanced Reporting – With report automation & e-mail delivery
- Interfaces – Seamless interfaces to General Ledger, ATO, Banks & Superannuation
- Consult with internal implementation consultants or directly with customers (either in person or by phone) to discuss, understand and document their requirements.
- Provide high-level cost estimates and delivery timeframes to internal consultants or customers.
- Develop and test new reports or make changes to customer-specific and/or Preceda "Advanced" reports including dashboards, as agreed per scope.
- Deliver a high level of customer service on all reporting projects.
COVID-safe interstate travel may be required at times to undertake face-to-face consulting and scoping tasks with customers.
Skills & Experience required:
- +2 years' experience developing reports with the Crystal Reports product (Crystal Reports professional and/or Developer).
- Preceda application knowledge including tools such as Extractor and Report Manager is preferred but not essential.
- General understanding of accounting and Payroll concepts.
- Understanding of data and database concepts, with Excel at intermediate level; SQL and Visual Basic language is an advantage.
- Demonstrated business acumen and consulting skills, with high customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Team player with a positive and constructive approach to problem solving.
- Able to take ownership of tasks, delivering quality outcomes for customers with high attention to detail.
- IT related degree or diploma desirable but not mandatory.
What we offer:
- Great location and flexible work hours; option to work from home some days a week once onboarded.
- A supportive onboarding process with training provided.
- Diverse customers and projects, with a variety of reports and interfaces.
- Collaborative environment with a team based approach.
- Growing customer base, with increasing demand for reporting services.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking 'Apply' button below.