Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and services provider in the APJ region. We have a new opportunity for an Account Executive, based in out of either our Perth or Melbourne offices.
Reporting to the Strategic Account Executive, with a focus on our Government portfolio, this Account Executive's main objectives will be around:
- Managing client relationships and client retention, including contract renewals.
- Identifying extension sales opportunities within the existing client base.
- Being the contact and escalation point for any issues.
In our search for the perfect addition to our high performing team we are looking for an experienced Account Executive with a customer centric approach who can seamlessly build strong relationships with our clients.
- Assist with development of strategic sales plans for major and minor accounts.
- Implement strategic account plans to maximise extension business opportunities.
- Conduct regular account meetings with accounts, developing and executing client engagement plans for key clients to maximise revenue and satisfaction levels.
- Identify solutions through understanding client requirements, researching options available in our product and service offerings and preparing and presenting business proposals.
- Achieve regional revenue targets for both consulting services and software sales (including partner solutions) by identifying opportunities within existing accounts and promoting/recommending value-added services and upgrades and upselling new solutions and consulting services.
- Manage and maintain up-to-date client contracts and renewals, reflecting the services engaged for and the expectations of the clients, coordinating with client, Ascender legal team and other internal stakeholders as required.
- Be the clients' first line of escalation for commercial, business and relationship issues, working and coordinating with key delivery groups to meet the client's needs.
- Maintain a high client retention rate based on strong client satisfaction, ensuring clients are reference-able for new sales prospects.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years' experience working in account management or sales preferably within the HR or Payroll industry
- Understanding of client service processes and expectations
- Ability to build relationships with a number of stakeholders across the business.
- Tenacity to see issues through to resolution.
- Professional presentation and communication, both written and verbal
- Preferably tertiary and/ or professional qualifications in business.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and ideally exposure with Salesforce.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Drive to achieve targets and a can-do attitude.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a growing global organisation.
- Market-leading provider of in-house developed Payroll and HCM solutions with a broad client base.
- Autonomy to manage and take accountability for your accounts, with a supportive and motivated team environment.
- Competitive salary package with opportunity to earn commission.
- Flexible work options, with long-term career growth and development opportunities.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you are an Account Executive looking to expand your career into the HR SaaS sector, then apply now!